Welcome!

Hello! Welcome to my crafty blog! I update (usually) on a regular basis and include some of my favorite ideas and stories from my daily life.

August 30, 2012

Salt Dough Ornaments!

Do you have a small crafty business that you're trying to start up from home? Are you a decent cook?
Well look no further!

For a while I've been trying to come up with different gift tag ideas for those who buy my products.  I haven't had a sale yet, but when I do I want the tag to be super cute.  I was on Pintrest and stumbled across a salt dough ornament/gift tag idea, which I thought would be perfect for my items!

Recipe:::

2 cups of all-purpose flour
1 cup of salt
1cup of luke-warm water

Mix all three ingredients together in a bowl and roll out of a flat surface. Then cut out the shapes you desire and stamp in patterns/words before you bake them. Bake at 200* F for 2-4 hours (until hard and dry).
Alternatively you can air dry them for 3-5 days until they are completely dry.

If you don't have any stamps or don't want any texture on them, you can also paint them or decorate them after they're done drying/baking.

Mine are currently in the oven and I can't wait until they're done! :D

Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment